NYC | Sleep, Eat, See, Do
New York City is one of the most visited cities in the world. Often people come to visit and ask me where to go. This guide is my answer to those questions. Enjoy! P.S. I'll also be making on for the holidays!🎀
When it comes to specific hotel recommendations it's hard because everyone's budgets are different. This all depends on how often you frequent the city, who you're traveling with, and what you came to accomplish. I'm only going to recommend hotels I've personally been in or stayed at. I know these hotels are expensive, but even if you don't stay at them you can still go to them while you're in town. They are beautiful and a lot of them have incredible rooftop views and decor.
- The Row NYC - It's right by Times Square, a more affordable option and nice.
- The Baccarat Hotel - So gorgeous!
- The Peninsula
- 1 Hotel Central Park
- Refinery Hotel - They have nice decor, a rooftop bar/restaurant with a view of the Empire State Building, and a club.
- The James Hotel - See "The Jimmy" .
- Trump SoHo - I stayed here and loved it.
- NoMo SoHo - See "NoMo Kitchen".
- The Roxy - Insta-famous spot
- The Kimberly Hotel - See "Upstairs".
- 11 Howard - You will be close to really good food, shopping, and other cool hotels. See "The Blonde".
- Hotel 50 Bowery
- The Plaza Hotel - They have the cutest bars and cafeteria!
- Public Hotel - Check out their rooftop
- Conrad New York - This area is great, especially for families.
- The Beekman - The decor and service in here are amazing. See "Augustine". They also have a super cute lounge with a beautiful atrium.
- Lotte New York Palace - It's beautifully decorated during the holidays and close the the Rockefeller center.
- Courtyard Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn Hotel - They're affordable options and they're nice.
You’ve probably noticed most, if not all, of these places aren’t chains. There’s no reason to go to a chain restaurant in the city. Some of them have opened other locations in other cities though! BTW, in NYC, Yelp is very KEY. I highly recommend Yelp searching any restaurant or cafe you go to before making a decision on where you're going. I live off of reviews!
- Bakeries & Cafes
- Black Fox Coffee
- Leonidas - two locations
- La Colombe
- Birch Coffee
- Bouchon Bakery & Cafe - Columbus Circle or Rockefeller Center location
- Cha Cha Matcha
- Tiffany Cafe
- Dean & DeLuca - Just for groceries, coffee or a pastry
- Vivi Bubble Tea - Love their bubble tea! I haven't tried any of their food.
- Blank Slate Tea
- Blue Stone Lane - Multiple locations
- Cafe Patoro
- Dinner & Brunch
- While We Were Young
- 1803 NYC
- Bagatelle - check to make sure you go on a day they have their party
- Out East
- ABC Kitchen - ABC Cocina and ABC Veggie are at the same address as ABC Kitchen
- ABC Cocina - Mexican
- ABC Veggie - Vegan/Vegetarian
- El Rio Grande
- Salvation Taco
- Dominque Ansel Kitchen
- Sel Rose
- Crooked Knife
- Tao Downtown
- By Chloe
- Sweets By Chloe
- The Butchers Daughter
- Pizza Beach
- Gelso & Grand
- Lure Fishbar
- Brooke Field Place Cafeteria
- Bodega Negra at Dream Downtown
- Laduree Soho
- Catch NYC
- Chelsea Market
- Los Tacos No.1 !!!
- Artichoke Pizza
- Bar Primi
- Pio Pio
- Dos Caminos
- Rosa Mexicano
- Del Monicos
- The Dead Rabbit
- Eatly - Flatiron location has a rooftop!
- Serendipity 3 - for the frozen hot chocolate
- Yuca bar & restaurant
- Vandal - also has a lounge downstairs
- Joe’s Shanghai - Cash only!
- Katz Delicatessan
- Vanessa Dumpling House
- 99 Favor Taste
- The Standard Grill
- Leos Bagels
- Industry Kitchen
- South Street Seaport
I've put a lot of my going out recommendations in the "To Sleep" section. These are just some that I left out and I'll continuously be updating these lists:)
- Tao Downtown - Restaurant here is good also
- PHD Rooftop - Downtown location
- Hotel Chantelle
- Rolf's Christmas Bar - during the holidays
- The Blonde
- Up and Down
- Mr. Purple
- The Spaniard
Reference these accounts when visiting NYC, they usually have really good recommendations as well. Whether it's photo spots or brunch spots, they capture it all pretty well.
I'll keep updating this list as I go, but I hope this helps on deciding where to go on your next trip to NYC!